Saturday, November 29, 2008

Men sana in corpore sano

Talking about food ingredient here. I love cooking, I really do. I think of it as quite meditative, especially when you already know your recipe by heart (otherwise it can be a bit daunting). A week ago I made something so horrible that I actually throw away three full lunch containers of it. =_= I wasted around 30 dollar-ish there. But it's just unbearable.

Earlier today I went to the weekly farmer's market (local farmers selling their products directly) to get food materials. Man what a difference it makes. In general the vegetables are fresher and smells much stronger (compared to the ones in the supermarket that's been in cold sleep for god-knows-how-long). From the moment onions meetsthe heated olive oil and spreads its fragrance all around the kitchen, I know this is going to be good. And it is good indeed. The spaghetti that came out of it is awesome. Each pieces of vegetables just have tons of flavor. Eating this compared to eating my last dish is like heaven and hell. Gah, I think I'll have to wake up early every staurday now to get phood =_=

Oh and even though it comes from the supermarket, the garlic bread brings the dish to a whole other level.

image courtesy of www.caswells-moms.com

No comments: